ie7 & mcafee
simon
2006-02-25 17:50:27 UTC
Anyone having problems with mcafee and IE7 beta, since i installed IE7 i have
been unable to update mcafee as it loops asking me to accept, resetting the
page, and then asking to accept again ........... very frustrating
Frans Oskam
2006-02-25 18:26:28 UTC
Yep I have the same problem... I now want to uninstall IE7, but I didn't find
out how yet... (its somehow not in my add/remove programs)
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
2006-02-25 18:37:58 UTC
Post by simon
Anyone having problems with mcafee and IE7 beta, since i installed
IE7 i have been unable to update mcafee as it loops asking me to
accept, resetting the page, and then asking to accept again
........... very frustrating
Make sure the box in Add/Remove to show updates is checked.
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Ernie
Hugh
2006-02-26 00:19:27 UTC
There is a known incompatibility between MacAfee and IE7. Uninstalling IE7
Beta has tested the patience of many of us. First, when you go into
'Add/Remove Programs', check the box 'Show Updates' at the top. Then, you
should see IE7 Beta way down below (because you may have loaded it recently).
You will probably then get an error "Cannot unistall from this user....". You
will have to make a small adjustment in Regedit. Please contact me for the
details (kindly supplied by a contact in USA) : ***@aol.com
Basingstoke, England
Osbaldo Hernandez
2006-02-26 19:43:27 UTC
I have the same problem and right now I don't have a Virus Portection,
because I have not been able to download Mcafee Security Suite because when
McAfee Application Installer shows up, is just a blank window.
--
Osbaldo Hernandez
Peter
2006-02-26 20:10:48 UTC
Because you didn't read the Release Notes. It's a known issue and you
shouldn't be using IE7. Uninstall via Add/Remove (show updates) near the
bottom of Updates.
McAfee does not and never has supported beta browsers.
--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
Drew_Tampa
2006-02-27 05:26:26 UTC
Mcafee still provides the best work around....
http://tools.mcafeehelp.com/doc.php?siteid=1&docid=397086&support=ts
my choice is to leave it altogether and give up on MS playing beta for
months and months and just move to Firefox, that MS is trying to emulate with
the new version. why go with the good enough version when there's a stable on
on the streets now?