Script Error while connecting to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.a
Klaus
2006-11-05 10:13:01 UTC
I am from Germany and I am obliged to post to this forum, because there is
no forum in German.

I updated to IE 7 in Germany so called "Release Candidate" Version 7.0.5700.7

Since this I get the following error message when IE 7 starts and tries to
connect to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx (no matter why this has to
done after each installation and why this has to be done automatically):

Zeile 56
Zeichen 2
Fehler: "Das Objekt unterstützt diese Eigenschaft oder Methode nicht"

The english expression of the error is: "Object dosen't support this
property or method."

Someone posted this problem already within this forum but didn't get a
helpful answer (the answer was, whether he was connected to the internet -
very funny ...)

Has somebody a suggestion for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Klaus
BillD
2006-11-05 10:33:02 UTC
try this:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset
Klaus
2006-11-05 10:39:01 UTC
After searching around for a while I found the solution:

there are 2 DWord values in the registry under

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet explorer\Main\

a) RunOnceHasShown=1
b) RunOnceComplete=1

If those values are not present they have to be added.

After this and restarting IE 7 it comes up with your homepage.

Klaus
Klaus
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
2006-11-05 14:40:30 UTC
Post by Klaus
[...]
1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.

2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

4. See also
Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
Installing Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
extensions (uncheck & reboot).

5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
check for hijackware anyway):

Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260
--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Answer in newsgroup. Don't send mail.
augie107
2006-11-07 03:13:01 UTC
Thanks Frank. Do your comments hold for Vista RC1? I'm getting script
errors trying to install an app - causes install to hang. Also getting
script errors on an earlier version of same app when trying to get to
application task list upon running app. Mistakenly thought I wouldn't have
to muck with script/registry issues when I retired.

Augie107
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Robert Aldwinckle
2006-11-07 22:21:24 UTC
Post by Klaus
I am from Germany and I am obliged to post to this forum, because there is
no forum in German.
In fact yours is specifically for IE7

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.inetexplorer.ie7&cat=de_DE_9577D085-44BC-F814-7BC0-B833A6DBBC6A&lang=de&cr=DE

---
Post by Klaus
I updated to IE 7 in Germany so called "Release Candidate" Version 7.0.5700.7
Since this I get the following error message when IE 7 starts and tries to
connect to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx (no matter why this has to
Zeile 56
Zeichen 2
Fehler: "Das Objekt unterstÃŒtzt diese Eigenschaft oder Methode nicht"